Sunday, August 31, 2014

Entry #3: A Talent I Lack But Wish To Have

I really hadn't forgot to make a post this week. I just didn't know what to post about. I didn't have the time to dedicate to a more substantial topic and never could fully form an idea.

So, instead I'm going to post some of my favorite fan vids, covering several fandoms. Because that's how I roll.

I wish I had the talent/time/patience/know-how to make fan vids. I have ideas. I songs picked out. I have the vids storyboarded in my head. I'm the same way about Photoshop. For now, I'll leave it to the professionals.

My two favorite vids of all time come from Doctor Who.

First, "Scattered" by Di Wey. It's set to my favorite Muse song (actually this vid is the reason why it's my favorite Muse song), "Map of the Problematique."

Next, "Touched" by HRS1812, which uses "Touched" by VAST. It's just fantastic and about my OTP to end all OTPs, Doctor/Rose.

Moving on to True Blood; specifically, Eric Northman. Of course there are many vids set to Mumford and Sons' "Little Lion Man" but this is the one that just...fits. It's by lolilie.

Go Human Beings! Yes, it's time to Chang to Community. There are many famous (even infamous) fanvids for this show but this Girl With a Dragon Tattoo mash-up is the one I've rewatched the most. It uses the trailer cut of Karen O/Trent Reznor's "The Immigrant's Song" and it's by saroufims93.

A current trend is to use Lorde's cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". This is my pick of that liter (at least thus far) and it's by KristinaOrtutova. I have no shame in my love of The Originals, especially, Elijah and his and Haley's relationship.

They say your OTP is the couple you think of when you hear Coldplay's "Fix You." Well, that will always be The Doctor and Rose for me. However, I'm really fond of this Oliver/Felicity of Arrow version, also by KristinaOrtutova. (And as they are the couple currently taking up most of my brain, I can share.)

I couldn't possibly not have my number two OTP, Spike and Buffy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on here. I have many songs I associate with them, but "Poison and Wine" by The Civil Wars is one of the most perfect that I can't associate with anyone else. This is by SpuffyPr0ductions and she called it "I Still Choose You".

I am a complete sucker for epic moments set to 30 Seconds to Mars' "This Is War". There are many I could choose from, but I'm going to to go with the first one I saw. It's by agentofchaos and it's all Harry Potter.

I'm going to finish with my current favorite vid. It's the MCU up through Thor 2 (as Cap 2 isn't in an easily accessible HD format, I'm sure.) It's by lim and according to them, the music is "Festivo" by Keiichi Suzuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment